HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF BENTON COUNTY, INC.
1212 N. Walton Blvd.
Bentonville, AR 72712, 479-273-3638
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) executed on this day of [fill out date below], 20[fill out year below], by [Fill out volunteer's name below] (the “Volunteer), in favor of Habitat for Humanity International, Inc. and Habitat for Humanity of Benton County, Inc., an Arkansas non-profit corporation, their directors, officers, employees and agents (collectively, “Habitat”).
The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for Habitat and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer (the “Activities”). The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include constructing and rehabilitating residential buildings, working in the Habitat offices, and living in housing provided by volunteers of Habitat.
The Volunteer does hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute the Release under the following terms:
1. Release and Waiver. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Habitat and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer’s Activities with Habitat.
Volunteer understands that this Release discharges Habitat from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against Habitat with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from Volunteer’s Activities with Habitat, whether caused by the negligence of Habitat or its officers, directors, employees, or agents or otherwise. Volunteer also understands that Habitat does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to, medical, health, or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
2. Medical Treatment. Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge Habitat from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s Activities with Habitat.
3. Assumption of the Risk. The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including but not limited to, construction, loading and unloading, and transportation to and from work sites.
Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in the Activities and release Habitat from all liability for injury, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
4. Insurance. The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed to by Habitat in writing, Habitat does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer.
Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his/her own medical/health insurance coverage.
5. Photographic Release. Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto Habitat all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Habitat during the Volunteer’s Activities with Habitat, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Arkansas and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Arkansas. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.